The Gibson ES-333 has the same double-cutaway body, with laminated top, back and sides construction as the Gibson ES-335. A solid maple center block gives it solidbody performance to go with its more traditional hollowbody styling.
Although The Gibson ES-333 is quite similar to the Gibson ES-335, but varies from the ES-335 in the following ways:
– The finish is a thin satin finish, versus the ES-335’s thicker full gloss finish.
– The headstock has a silkscreen Gibson logo, versus the ES-335’s inlaid pearloid logo.
– The headstock has no further decorative inlay, versus the ES-335’s “crown” headstock inlay.
– The pickups are Gibson type 490R and 498T, versus the ES-335’s Gibson 57 Classic pickups.
– The back of the body has an access cover for the electronics, versus the solid rear of the ES-335.
– The binding is simple monolayered binding as opposed to striped binding on the ES-335
Below is Features and Technical Specification of Gibson ES-333
– Body & Hardware
Plain laminated maple top, back and rims
16.5″ (W) X 20″(L) X 1.75″ (D)
Single-ply binding on top and back
ABR bridge, Stopbar tailpiece
Black speed Knobs
– Neck & Headstock
1-piece mahogany neck
22 fret Rosewood fingerboard, Width at 12th fret 2.062″
Peghead Pitch: 17°
Thickness at 1st fret: 0.800″
Thickness at 12th fret: 0.875″
Heel Length: 0.500″
Neck Joint Location: 19th fret
Pearloid dot inlays
1960 slim taper profile
24 3/4″ scale length; 1 11/16″ nut width
Green keys tuners
– Electronics & Strings
490R & 498T Alnico magnet humbucking pickups
2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
Brite Wire .010-.046 Strings
Trans Red (Faded Cherry), Natural, Translucent Brown
– And the Gibson ES-333 also offer includes Case
Exterior: Waterproof canvas gigbag
Interior: Black Velour
Silkscreen: Gold ‘Gibson’ logo
If you want get a Gibson hollow body guitar. Gibson ES-333 is the good choice for the price. A Gibson 335 or 339, they are well over $2,000. Some 335’s are almost $3,000. You can get Gibson ES-333 only with half the price of them.
But from the info that I can gather, Gibson no longer makes the ES-333 model. I don’t know why they stopped making this model because to me it sounds like quite a nice guitar for the price. But never mind, there are may still be selling used Gibson ES-333, yeah! you can go to used, for get it. And it’s not impossible Gibson ES-333 will become much more valuable in the future.
Tags: Tom delonge gibson
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Jeff Beck les paul custom
- Jeff Beck Black les paul
- Es 333 gibson
- Es 333 gibson guitar
- Es 333 gibson tom delonge
- Es 335 gibson
- Gibson es 333 guitar
- Gibson es-333
- Gibson tom delonge
- Gibson tom delonge es 333